Sponsored by Here Women Talk and Art & Artifacts
for Painters and Non-Painters
Workshop Objective: When you leave this workshop you will know how to use a variety of mixed media and will have a minimum of 5 paintings/sample boards to assist you in making future decisions.
Some of the Activities:
1. Creating mono-print with embellishments of more paint and mixed media.
2. Creating a print-like design, with your eyes closed, and then adding paint and mixed media.
3. Transferring an image (laser print) onto your design.
4. Carving into mixed media.
5. Using crayons and wax to begin an abstract painting.
6. The beauty of different gels, mediums and textures.
7. Using stencils and stamps.
1. Many materials will be provided.
2. A materials list for what you will need to bring will be emailed to you once you register for the program.
Where and When:
1. The ITT Technical Institute located in Myrtle Beach, SC at 9954 N. Kings Hwy, Suite 101, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572.
2. The workshop starts on Friday night, April 27th, 2012 at 5pm and will end at 9pm. It will resume on Saturday, April 28th, at 9am and will end at 5pm.
3. Feel free to bring lunch. There are many restaurants nearby if you decide to go out for lunch. There will be an hour for lunch.
**We are also offering a separate 3-hour class called “Connect with Your Creative Muse” on Sunday, April 29, from 2-5 pm (details here)**
A minimum number of six participants will be needed. If the minimum number is not met, the full price of the workshop will be refunded.
Contact: Judi Russell, Instructor
[email protected] 336 817-2077 http://judirussell.com
To Sign Up for the Class Go to: http://judirussell.com/#workshop-schedule and select the “Shapes & Patterns” Ticket